Article 1. INTRODUCTION
This confidentiality policy applies to the website Manucurist.com.
The purpose of this confidentiality policy is to inform website users about
- the methods used to collect and process their personal data. Any data that could be used to identify a user is considered personal data. In particular, this includes their first name and surname, age, postal address, email, user location and also their IP address.
- Users’ rights regarding this data
- Who is responsible for the personal data collected and processed.
- To whom this data might possibly be transferred ?
- Finally, this site's policy on the subject of cookies.
This confidentiality policy is in addition to the disclaimer and the General Conditions of Use which can be viewed at the following URL.
Article 2. GENERAL PRINCIPLES FOR DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
In accordance with the provisions of article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of users' data by the website must abide by the following principles:
- Legality, fairness and transparency: data may only be collected and processed with the consent of the user it relates to. Each time personal data is collected, the user will be informed that their data has been collected and for what purpose.
- Limited purposes: data collection and processing takes place to fulfil one or several specific purposes within these general conditions of use
- Minimisation of the collection and processing of data: only the data required for the correct fulfilment of the objectives sought by the site will be collected.
- Reduced data retention times: the data shall be kept for a limited period of time, of which the user is informed. If this information cannot be communicated, the user is informed of the criteria used to determine the retention time.
- Integrity and confidentiality of the data collected and processed: the data controller undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data collected.
In accordance with the requirements of article 6 of European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of personal data shall be lawful, and may only take place when at least one of the following conditions is met:
- the user has expressly consented to the processing
- processing is necessary for the correct performance of a contract
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing and collection of the personal data is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate, private interests of the data controller or a third party.
Article 3. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND PROCESSED DURING WEBSITE BROWSING
A. DATA COLLECTED AND PROCESSED AND COLLECTION METHOD
The personal data collected on the Manucurist website is as follows:
- First name, Surname
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Bank details
This data is collected when a user performs one of the following operations on the site:
- When you register on our site
- When you log in to your account, make a purchase or participate in a competition
- When you log out.
Furthermore, when you make a payment on the website, proof of the transaction, namely the order and the invoice, will be kept on the site owner's computer systems.
The data controller will keep all the data collected on the site's computer systems in reasonable conditions of security, for a period of 36 months.
Data is collected and processed for the following purposes:
- To personalise your experience and meet your individual needs
- To provide personalised advertising content
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service and meet your customer care needs
- To contact you via email
- To manage a competition, promotion or survey
B: TRANSFER OF DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
The personal data collected by the site will not be transferred to any third parties and is only processed by the site owner.
C. DATA HOSTING
The Manucurist website is hosted by: Shopify Inc., whose head office is located at the following address:
126 York St. Ottawa, ON K1N 5T5, Canada.
The hosting company can be contacted on the following telephone number: 1-888-746-7439
Article 4. DATA CONTROLLER AND DATA PROCESSING
A. DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller for personal data is Person's Name. They can be contacted by email at: email@example.com
The data controller is responsible for determining the purposes and methods used to process the personal data.
B. OBLIGATIONS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller undertakes to protect the personal data collected, not to transfer it to third parties without first informing the user and to respect the purposes for which the data was collected.
Furthermore, the data controller undertakes to notify the user in the event of any rectification or erasure of the data, unless this involves disproportionate formalities, costs or processes on its part.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of the user's personal data should be compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform the user using any means.
Article 5. USERS’ RIGHTS
In accordance with the regulations on personal data processing, users have the rights listed below.
In order for the data controller to attend to their request, users must provide their first name, surname and email address.
The data controller must reply to the user within a maximum of 30 (thirty) days.
A. LIST OF USER RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF DATA
a. Right of access, rectification and erasure
Users may be informed of, update, modify or request the erasure of their data by following the procedure indicated below.
Users must send an email to the data controller, specifying their request, to the following contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Right to the portability of data
Users have the right to request the portability of their personal data held by the website, to another website, following the procedure indicated below.
Users must submit a request for the portability of their personal data by sending an email to the data controller using the following contact email address: email@example.com
c. Right to limit or oppose the processing of data
Users have the right to request a limitation on the processing or to oppose the processing of their data by the website, which the website may not refuse, except in the case of any legitimate, urgent reasons having precedence over the interests and rights and freedoms of the user.
In order to request the limited processing of their data or express their opposition to the processing of their data, users must follow the following procedure.
Users must request the limited processing of their data by sending an email to the data controller using the following contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing
In accordance with the provisions of regulation 2016/679, users have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her.
e. Right to decide the fate of data post-mortem
Users are reminded that they can decide the fate of their data collected and processed if they should die, in accordance with law no. 2016/1321, of 7 October, 2016.
f. Right to have recourse to the competent supervisory body
If the data controller decides not to respond to the user's request and the user wishes to challenge this decision, or if they think that one of the rights listed above has been violated, they can have recourse to the CNIL (the French National Commission for Information Technology and Civil Liberties, https://www.cnil.fr), or any competent authority.
A cookie is a small file (less than 4Kb), stored by the website on the user's hard drive, containing information on the user's browsing habits.
These files allow the website to process statistics and information on traffic, facilitate browsing and improve the service for the user's comfort.
This consent given by the user is considered to be valid for a maximum of 13 (thirteen) months. At the end of this period, the site will once again ask for the user's authorisation to save cookies on their hard drive.
Users are informed that they can refuse the saving of cookies by changing their browser settings.
If users decide to disable cookies, they will be able to continue browsing the website. However, any malfunctioning of the website as a result of this disabling may not be considered the fault of the site owner.
b. Description of the cookies used by the website
The site owner hereby informs users that the following cookies are used when they browse the website.
In browsing the site, users are informed that third party cookies may be saved.
In particular, those of the following third parties:
In addition, the site includes social network buttons, allowing users to share their activity on the site. Cookies of these social networks may therefore be saved on the user's computer when they use these features.
Users are informed that these sites have their own confidentiality policies and general conditions of use which may be different from those of this website. The site owner encourages users to consult the confidentiality policies and general conditions of use of these sites.
Article 7. CONDITIONS FOR MODIFICATION OF THE CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
This confidentiality policy may be consulted at any time at the address indicated below.
The site owner reserves the right to modify this in order to guarantee compliance with legislation in force.
As a result, users are encouraged to regularly consult this confidentiality policy in order to keep abreast of any changes that may be made to it.
Users are informed that this confidentiality policy was last updated on 24/10/2019.
Article 8. OPTING OUT
We use the email address you provide us with to send you information and updates in relation to your order, occasional news bulletins on the company, information on related products, etc. If at any time you wish to opt out and no longer receive emails, detailed opt-out instructions are included at the bottom of each email.
Article 9. CONSENT
In using our site, you consent to our confidentiality policy.
Article 10. APPLICABLE LAW
This Confidentiality Policy is subject to French law.